Technological disruptions are changing the nature of businesses and jobs. Amid the sea of change, there are growth opportunities for businesses and industries, which can be catalysed by capitalising on cutting-edge R&D. Fostering partnerships with public research performers will help companies to drive innovation and bring their business to the next level.
As a mission-oriented Science and Technology organisation, the Agency for Science, Technology and Research (A*STAR) adopts customised partnership models for different companies, offering differentiated value propositions to suit their specific needs and circumstances.
What opportunities are there for companies – MNCs, SMEs and start-ups, to collaborate with A*STAR?
- Presentation by Mr Liau Eng Soon, (Acting) Group Director, Industry Development Group, A*STAR
- Testimony by Tan Bing Xun, Pharmaceutical Application Scientist, Roquette
- Q&A with
- Mr Liau Eng Soon
- Dr Ralph Graichen, Director, Food and Nutrition and Consumer Care (FNCC),A*STAR
- Mr Ling Keok Tong, Director, Infocomms and Future of Manufacturing (FoM), A*STAR
- Dr. Bing Xun TAN, Pharmaceutical Application Scientist, Roquette
Join us for this breakfast talk on Friday 28 September 2018!
About the Speaker:
LIAU Eng Soon
Group Director (covering), Industry Development Group, A*STAR
Mr Liau Eng Soon is the covering Group Director of A*STAR’s Industry Development Group (IDG). He joined A*STAR in May 2013 as Director IDG to lead key initiatives and efforts to support the growth of local enterprises through the adoption of technology.
In 2013, Eng Soon set up the A*STAR Technology Adoption Programme (TAP), a productivity initiative that helps local companies increase productive through the adoption of technology innovations and solutions. To increase A*STAR’s support for local SMEs, Eng Soon spearheaded the establishment of A*STAR’s SME Office in 2014, coordinating all SME initiatives within A*STAR. Under his leadership, A*STAR’s SME Office has since helped many SMEs enhance their technology competence and move up the value chain, through initiatives such as the T-Up Programme, Tech Depot, Tech Access, Operation Technology Roadmapping and the A*STAR Collaborative Commerce Marketplace.
Prior to joining A*STAR, Eng Soon spent more than 20 years in the Republic of Singapore Air Force (RSAF) as an Air Engineering Officer. During his career with the RSAF, he was involved in operational tours locally and in the USA, both in F-16 and the F-15SG.
Eng Soon holds degrees from Stanford University and University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign (UIUC).
Dr. Bing Xun TAN
Pharmaceutical Application Scientist, Roquette
Dr. Bing Xun TAN holds a degree in Pharmacy and a Ph.D. in Pharmaceutical Sciences from the National University of Singapore. He joined Roquette in 2016 as Pharmaceutical Application Scientist, a member of Roquette’s Customer Technical Service (CTS) team serving the Asia Pacific region.
Prior to his current role, Bing Xun was a Senior Scientist in a global pharmaceutical company where he was actively involved in R&D development and formulation of pediatric drug products. He is currently based in Singapore at the Roquette Innovation Center in Biopolis where he oversees the Pharmaceutical Applications Laboratory.
Terms & Conditions:
- Full payment is now required upon registration. Failing to do so will automatically cancel your registration.
- Should you need to cancel, please do so no later than two working days before the date of the event.
- No shows will not be refunded.
- Please note that photographs and videos may be taken during the event for news and publicity purposes.