18:00 to 20:00
01 Dec 2017
The French Chamber of Commerce in Singapore is organising a French Start-Up Award on the occasion of the 5th edition of its "Working Together Forum" on Friday 1st December 2017.
The goal is to recognise the achievements of the best start-up created by French founders in Singapore and encourage its development.
The entries are now closed
It is not a condition of entry that the company is a member of the French Chamber. However, to enter the competition, the start-up must comply with the following criteria:
- The start-up is working towards innovation, development, deployment, and commercialisation of new products, processes, or services driven by a new concept / technology / intellectual property.
- All sectors are welcome to apply
- The start-up has been created for at least 6 months and for a maximum of 5 years.
- The start-up employs less than 25 permanent people in Singapore.
- The start-up has been incorporated under the laws of Singapore and has a principal place of business in Singapore. Not a subsidiary of a French company.
- The start-up has demonstrated strong financial growth potential.
- One of the founder must be French and be part of the management team.
- Emmanuel ALLIX, CEO - ART OF CLICK
- Eric BARBIER, CEO - TRANSFERTO
- Arnaud BONZOM, Venture Partner - 500 STARTUPS
- Hervé JARRY, CTO - THALES SOLUTIONS ASIA
- Alexis LANTERNIER, CEO - LAZADA SINGAPORE
- Celine LE COTONNEC, Chief Data Officer - AXA INSURANCE
- Nicolas MOULIN, Founding Partner - PARA’KITO, Owner - INDVESTA
- Kevyn YONG, Dean - ESSEC ASIA-PACIFIC
The panel consists of business professionals who will look for innovation and use of new technologies in the start-up, as well as its ability to grow. The panel will also judge the quality and originality of the presentation.
On 17 November 2017, the jury, convened at the French Chamber, and shortlisted 7 companies out of the 27 that applied. Here is the list of the finalists:
- BEE BRYTE: Bee Bryte leverages artificial intelligence to provide intelligent energy solutions.
- DATHENA PTE LTD: Dathena uses cutting edge machine learning and artificial intelligence technologies to identify and classify all documents across any organisation’s system.
- INCOMLEND: Incomlend is a Fintech platform providing funds to SMEs in exchange of their invoices.
- NESSA HEARING: Nessa Hearing provides sales and marketing of hearing aids and solutions for hearing loss.
- PICKCELL: Pickcell develops a range of versatile, low cost and easy to use micro-consumables for the 3D cell culture.
- SMART BUILD ASIA: SmartBuild Asia is the leading business intelligence for the construction industry in Singapore & Malaysia.
- UEX GLOBAL :UEX provides Singapore expats and SMEs with a new way to buy health insurance: simple, personalized and immediate.
Congratulations to the finalists and all the best for the pitch! The prize will be awarded during the closing ceremony of the “Working Together Forum” taking place at Sofitel City Centre, Friday, 1 December 2017 where we will reveal the name of the winner.
We would also like to thank all the companies that have participated in the first round of the French Start-Up Award ! The excellent candidatures of the 27 companies underlined the truly dynamic spirit of French entrepreneurs in Singapore and we would like to wish you "bonne continuation"!
- Participation to the Working Together Forum (1 person per company): Value 250 SGD
- French Chamber communication tool: 1 post on our Facebook and LinkedIn page about the company, 1 article in our Focus magazine.
Award winner – More than 12 000 SGD in kind:
All above +
- 2 seats at the French Chamber Gala dinner on Friday 6 April 2018: Value 1030 SGD
- 1 year of membership at the French Chamber: Value max 1450 SGD
- One return Economy Class air ticket from Singapore to Paris on Air France
- B to B services from French Chamber members:
- French Chamber communication tool:
- 1 banner on our weekly newsletter: Value 800 SGD
- 1 session with the Business Accelerator Lab
- Local and regional business introduction with large MNCs
For more information, please contact Marion - firstname.lastname@example.org