Building on the launch of the Smart Health platform, an initiative by the French Chamber of Commerce in Singapore, the Smart Health Symposium held on 26 April 2018 themed "The Innovative and Digital Healthcare Leap", brought together a great range of actors in the healthcare and healthcare services space - industry players, research experts, stakeholders, partners, Singapore governmental agencies - to discuss together the latest trends, innovations, and collaboration opportunities in healthcare in the Singapore context.
Organised in conjunction with the France-Singapore Innovation Year, we were pleased to count among us over 200 participants across the healthcare value chain, to deliver the healthcare system of tomorrow. Following welcome remarks from Philippe Guibert, Co-President of the French Chamber Healthcare committee and H.E. Marc Abensour, Ambassador of France to Singapore, the Symposium kicked off with a plenary session with key experts.
Speakers and Moderator of the Plenary:
- Martin Hirsch, CEO of the Greater Paris University Hospitals (AP-HP), who shared on trends and developments in the world of hospitals,
- Danny Soon, Senior Director, Biomedical Research, A*STAR, who shared on the various activities of Singapore's activities in scientific discovery and technological innovation, from medtech to drug development and biomanufacturing, and
- Julien de Salaberry, CEO & Co-Founder of Galen Growth Asia, who shared on healthtech and the health start-up ecosystem in Singapore and Asia Pacific.
- Our speakers then convened for a panel discussion moderated by Kevyn Yong, Dean, ESSEC Asia-Pacific, with a plenty of great questions fielded from the audience.
With start-ups being key in this transformation journey, French and Singaporean start-ups and innovators were invited to present and showcase innovative healthcare solutions that they have been working on.
- Neeraj Kothari, CTO, Cogniant,
- Emmanuel Prado, CEO, Health2i,
- Sumbul Nasim, Regional Clinical Research Manager, Obviohealth,
- Grégoire Rastoul, CEO, UEX, and
- Seng Ian Hao and Seng Ing Le, Founders of QaneMate
4 Programmes for 4 Workshops for 4 Clusters
Following a short networking break, participants broke off into 4 clusters, in each a dedicated programme targeting one of four axes and aspects of healthcare,
Thank you for all joining us!
For more French Chamber Healthcare events, visit http://www.fccsingapore.com/committees/healthcare
For more about the French Chamber Smart Health platform, visit https://smart-health.sg/about-smart-health
For more about the 2018 France-Singapore Year of Innovation, see here