With a successful approval rate of 95% on all our visa applications, we have the experience and knowledge to process smoothly a work pass for you or your employee(s) and residence passes for the accompanying family.

A work visa is required for a non-PR foreigner to work in Singapore, and the process can be daunting.

The French Chamber of Commerce in Singapore is licensed as an Employment Agency by the MOM (Licence number: 10C4756) and all visa applications are handled by Certified Employment Agents. We offer professional and personalised advice to gather, review and comment on supporting documents, to compile a credible file and apply work and family passes on behalf of our clients.

Contact us: bizsupport(@)


Main work passes for foreign employees (non-PR)

Employment Pass (EP)

It is the most common work visa for foreigners who are not Permanent Residents (PRs). 
For professional, managerial and executives positions with:

  • qualifications that are assessed to be comparable to (at least) a bachelor’s degree in the UK system;
  • a significant professional experience;
  • specific skill sets;
  • a suitable salary (based on age and sector).

The EP is not subject to quotas but the company must justify the added value brought by the foreign candidate and encourage local employment.

S Pass

For mid-level skilled foreign staff, S Pass employers are subject to a quota and have to pay a monthly Foreign Worker Levy (FWL) as well as subscribing to a medical and hospitalisation insurance covering the employment period.

Work Permit

For semi-skilled foreign workers in the construction, manufacturing, marine shipyard, process or services sector. Work Permit employers are limited by a quota and specific rules for their industry and have to pay a monthly levy (FWL - Foreign Worker Levy) for each worker.

A spouse or a partner of an EP or an S Pass holder can work with a specific work permit tied to his/her residence pass (DP/LTVP). This work permit is less strict than the work permit previously described, but the employing company is subject to quota and needs to subscribe to a medical insurance for the employee (unless he/she has one already).

Family members' passes

Dependant's Pass (DP), Long Term Visit Pass (LTVP)

For spouse, children and parents of eligible Employment Pass (EP) or S Pass holders, it is necessary to apply for each one, for either a Dependant's Pass (DP) or a Long Term Visit Pass (LTVP) to stay in Singapore.

  • Long Term Visit Pass (LTVP) for:
    • common-law spouse,
    • unmarried step-children under 21,
    • handicapped unmarried children above 21,
    • EP or S Pass holder’s parents (under specific conditions).
  • Dependant's Pass (DP) for:
    • legally married spouse,
    • unmarried children under 21.

To work in Singapore DP and LTVP holders need a work pass (EP, S Pass,Work Permit or LOC). The prospective employer must submit a work pass application on their behalf.

The relevant qualifying salaries, quotas and levies (if any) or conditions of the respective work passes will apply.

Eligible DP and LTVP holders who wish to start and operate their own business in Singapore can also apply for a LOC (Letter of Consent) as “business owners”.

Some other work passes...

There are other work passes in Singapore. The relevant visa will be determined based on the foreigner personal situation and / or type of employment: partners of Singaporean or PR, entrepreneurs, etc.

Contact us to know more about the options: bizsupport(@)


“On behalf of SAFRAN, I am delighted to share our very positive experience and satisfaction with the services provided by the French Chamber in Commerce in Singapore (FFCS) for our recruitment needs and work pass application.

In terms of executive search, the recruitment team exhibited a deep understanding of the local job markets, ensuring a seamless and tailored recruitment process. From identifying the right candidates to facilitating the interview and negotiation stages, their personalized approach and attention to detail set them apart, making the entire recruitment journey a smooth and successful experience.

Navigating the intricacies of work pass applications can be a daunting task, but the FCCS proved to be an invaluable partner in this regard. Their dedicated team provided comprehensive guidance, ensuring compliance with local regulations and expediting the application process for successful outcomes.

I would highly recommend both the recruitment and pass application services to any company wishing to be supported by a dedicated and professional team.”

"Labeyrie Fine Foods is greatly satisfied with the high-quality professional assistance provided by the FCCS in setting up our Singapore entity. Throughout our partnership, we have utilised a variety of services and found the FCCS team to be extremely supportive, offering invaluable personalised guidance. Together, we efficiently established the subsidiary, and they effectively helped us securing the work pass for our first key employee. Presently, we are enjoying the facilities and welcoming atmosphere of their Business Centre, creating an ideal setting for our business activities. We highly recommend the FCCS's services to companies of any size and any sector, looking to venture into the Singaporean and regional markets."

"We were assisted by the FCCS team for the obtention, and renewal of work passes. Each time, the professionalism and skills of the team allowed us to obtain the documents in a timely manner and without any issues, with kindness on top of it."

"My firm used the services of FCCS for Employment Pass applications on two occasions. The entire process was efficient and seamless each time. They were able to deliver an EP renewal within a very tight window, which was highly important for the continuity of our business. They are now our preferred partner for pass applications."

"We have used the visa services of the French Chamber of Commerce for many years and have never been disappointed. The advice given, the quality of the preparation, the reactivity and a 100% success rate from the first submission on all the visas requested are achievements that speak for themselves."

«Thanks again to the French Chamber of Commerce in Singapore and especially to Ms Philomena Waung for her assistance and support. She was able to find a solution to each case within the often complicated deadlines! Her expertise and her professionalism have enabled us to obtain 100% of our requests from the authorities. »


"This is the third time I have used the services of Ms Philomena Waung through the French Chamber of Commerce in Singapore, FCCS, to manage my application for a Long Term Pass (EP and Dependant Pass). I appreciate her availability, her efficiency and her kind assistance for the whole service. I recommend this service to anyone who, like me, wants to spend a minimum of time on this process and for a very reasonable fee."

"We have been using FCCS' visa services since the beginning of our establishment in Singapore in late 2015. We are delighted with the quality of the services offered, both on operational aspects (document preparation, application process management, pass finalisation) and strategic aspects (visa types, quotas, application optimisation). With a 100% success rate, competitive fees and excellent responsiveness from the team, we can only recommend using FCCS as your agent for visa procedures in Singapore! "


The Chamber

Working in Singapore

Now that Singapore has reopened its borders, here is a quick overview of the main work visas to understand the basic regulations for hiring foreign...

Get Started: Discover our pricing and packages

To discuss further your project
and confirm this solution with our department

Contact us

Get your copy of FOCUS Magazine Issue 80: Designing a Circular Economy World